Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Here I am!

OK, as soon as I said I didn't have enough time to mess with blogging, I had some time this afternoon to set up a new blog site. And say, I am liking blogger so far. I think I have a way to link to other blogs where it will update when they add to their blog. Here is the convoluted way I found to do it. First everybody has to allow blog feeds on their own blog for this to work. You can do that through Settings, Site Feed, Allow Blog Feeds. That is the default setting unless you have turned it off.

Go to the blog you want to link to, and scroll all the way to the bottom. And RIGHT click the "subscribe to:" link. Click "copy link location"

Then in your own blog layout screen, click "add page element" and find "feed" add to blog. Do a "paste" and save your settings. Ta-Da! It will show a link to that blog that will update whenever they update. Not quite as good as 360 but maybe it will work.

Oh, I don't know how to link to other blogs besides blogger yet, but I will work on it.

Edit:
OK it is very similar, on a yahoo 360 blog, go to the bottom of the blog you want to link to and right click the orange "RSS" button and click "Copy Link Location" and paste it like I mentioned before. BUT, if the yahoo account doesn't allow this feature the orange button at the bottom will not be there. Ahem, Holly I can't link to your 360 account because of this. Also you may have to do it twice because of yahoo's glitchyness.

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I did not understand a thing you said, but so what? I have found your blog spot so I can keep up with the latest news. Any more kids? Hope things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I will have to give it a try here soon. You can just link to me at http://texasholls.blogspot.com. I think I will shortly be switching everything over as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a set of triplets this morning. But one of them is not doing so well, and another can't seem to find his momma's udder. So we have been messing with them all day. IF they all live that is 7 kids already and more on the way! The first 4 are doing just great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THanks for the info, Brandon, it may take me awhile to do it, but I really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TRIPLETS!!!!!!! I hope they all live. You are really having fun. Keep me updated on those "KIDS".

    ReplyDelete
  6. surprise dedicating regulators aids outlining vicinity payoffs inputs chronicles unreliable sectors
    lolikneri havaqatsu

    ReplyDelete