Sunday, June 8, 2008

Heat, wind, and bills.


My dad had a little bit of wheat that he wanted me to cut. We jumped right in there and knocked it out right quick. It made right around 20 bushels per acre or a little less. About 2/3 of his average yield. And that was 20 times better than my wheat. HA

When we went down to visit Aaron and Holly I went with them to their small group Sunday night, and the topic was how to take a day and make it a "sabbath day" once a week. Since most folks have Sunday off from work, it is a good time for us to rest. And we should. We talked about the things that distract us on those days and I said paper work and bills keep me from resting. Well, right now I am planning on spending all afternoon doing that very thing. Looks like I need to work on this resting thing a little more.

Things I need to work on:

Pay bills.

Except the ones that are messed up, and will have to be straightened out this week.

Do mileage reports for the trucking. And get them ready to send in this week. ( we have to keep track of every mile we drive and what roads we use.)

Pay payroll taxes.

Fax a request for more coverage to my truck insurance company. (the milk company added about $20,000 to the level of coverage they require us to have.)

Put the last 3 loads we hauled in my computer.

Write down my chemical application records for this last round of spraying.

And we still haven't gotten paid on our roof damage yet. That sorry insurance company is going to be turned into the Texas Department of Insurance tomorrow.

AAAAckkkkk!!!!! I need a secretary!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea trucking was so complicated. Why do you have to keep track of what roads you drive on? Insurance companies never want to pay. If they HAVE to pay they will wait until the LAST POSSIBLE MINUTE to give you your money. Hope that ya'll get that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We pay taxes to each state according to how many miles we drive in each one. To the tune of about $900 per year. That is just for the registration. They do this so I can register my truck in Texas and be legal to go to any state I want. Then at the end of the year I pay taxes according to where I run.

    We also keep track of miles and fuel use for the same reason. But that is so each state gets a fair share of the highway fuel tax we pay. For example if I bought all my fuel in Clovis, then TX, OK, KS would not get any money to fix the roads I am tearing up. So they would take all the highway tax away from NM and distribute it to each state according to miles driven in each one. I don't actually have to pay much for that outright, because I pay every time I fill up. The government just wants to know how to split it up. I suppose if I bought all my fuel in OK which is a low-tax state, and drove a lot in TX which is a high-tax state I would have to pay the difference and it could be expensive. But we just buy fuel all over and it all averages out pretty well. (I hope)

    ReplyDelete