Monday, January 26, 2009

Typical Sears.....



Years ago after many upsetting and frustrating episodes with Sears appliances and their service, my family fell out with Sears. Then through the years I have slowly worked my way back to the dark side, and started thinking they were mostly, OK. My change of attitude had more to do with Craftsman tools than anything else. You break one, take it back and they give you another one free. No questions asked. (hand tools only, power tools are another hassle) I love Craftsman tools!

About 18 months ago Amanda came over to the dark side with me and bought a Kenmore sewing machine. She bought the extended service plan because it included two free cleaning/adjustments. One per year. Well, we missed the first year, and after all her Christmas sewing the last couple of months, she decided it was time to cash in on the free tune-up on her machine. We dropped it off and all the associate asked us was:

Associate: "What is your last name?"

Us: "Embry, is that all the info you need?"

Assocate: "Yep" and like a flash he was gone.

After stopping at the store last week to check on it, and finding it wasn't back yet, we started calling this weekend. After Amanda put in about 20 frustrating minutes on the phone talking to their stupid service department headquarters in-who-knows-where probably Egypt or India or China or Omaha, I decided to call the local store again. I decided to trick the phone system into letting me talk to a sales associate in Clovis. "AH-HA gotcha! Let me talk to your manager!"

Come to find out they had sent her machine off and they sent it back because they DIN'T HAVE ANY INFO ON IT! Go figure! 3 weeks and nothing to show for it.

Typical SEARS!!!

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Know you are not laughing, but this is very typical of a lot of places. Have you found your way back from the Dark Side? Hope Amanda gets her machine back quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How frustrating. Too bad you have to trick the system to get help. What a mess. Makes you start wondering if you are going to get your machine back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if that is all Sears stores...or just Clovis. The few times I remember Daddy getting mad enough to just nearly cuss usually involved Sears...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete