Monday, February 2, 2009

This Old Barnhouse Phase 1



I finally bit the bullet and decided to put a new roof on the old barn. The weather has been nice and I haven't moved the truck in a week. So today I called the metal place and got a quote and ordered the new roof. It is going to be the same color and style as our house. By the way steel prices have come down I am guessing about 20% since we did our roof last summer.

We are not really sure if we are still going to do the barn to house conversion, but one way or another if we are going to save the old thing it needed a new roof. When it did rain it would get awfully wet inside. It will be a good investment in the long run I hope. My back is already sore from just the little bit I have done in the picture. A couple of rotten places in the decking will have to be replaced, but mostly it will be a simple tear off and replace.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, you gotta start somewhere. This is going to be sooooooo cool. Hope you can get 'er done. Be careful. hahaha Just wanted to throw in the "motherly" quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the concern. I thought it was funny, I was in Lowes getting some supplies and in the roofing section they have a OSHA kit ready to go in a plastic bucket. Sorta a safety gear happy meal. Harness, gloves, goggles, etc. Don't need no new fangled safety garbage around our place....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be careful. Once you start those "home" improvements you won't be able to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say that while I did enjoy the Dark Knight overall I too thought the violence was a little over the top. I also felt like Batman was a side character in his own movie. It seemed like the movie was more about the Joker than about Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there anything you can't do???

    ReplyDelete