Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We're finally parents!

Wow! It has been a long time since I posted. Too much goofing off, and not much to write about until now. I think really since I have seen about 95% of my blog audience in the past couple months it seemed pointless to write. Also I have been updating through email on our foster kids.

We got our 3 year old girl (M.) and 18 month old boy (D.) on Tuesday. They are lots of fun right now. We lucked out in some ways because at these ages this is right when they are the funnest. M. is really cute, and she wants to know what everything is, "what's that?, what you doing?, where you going?" We finally have to just ignore all the questions to keep from going crazy. D. is starting to talk a little he says things like, "I eat" "puppy!" "shoose" (shoes). They love meal times and snack times. So far we haven't had any trouble with bed time.

They are scheduled to go back home in August, but that is if nothing really drastic changes.

Meanwhile back on the farm, looks like I will have to cut most of my sorry wheat. It probably isn't going to make more than 5 bu., but has to be harvested so the insurance company will know how much to pay. We have had a little rain, and I planted some haygrazer last week. That is a sorghum/sudan hybrid that I plan to have baled, if it makes anything this summer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your first experience has been pretty smooth so far. What do the kids do to entertain themselves? I just want ya'll to know I am so proud of ya'll!! (In a good way proud!)

    Sorry the wheat is so disappointing. Hopefully the summer crops will be better. :-(

    ReplyDelete