Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hitting the trail


We made a quick trip to the Pecos Wilderness in New Mexico again. We hadn't been up there since 3 years ago. (picture at top of blog) We were not in the same area this time. We were completely on the other side, South side this time. And I think I like the North side better. It is too crowded and the trails are too busy down there. It really doesn't matter because it is still a beautiful place all over. You don't realize how much country and scenery there is up there that you just can't get to. Unless you hike or take horses. A athletic hiker could spend days up there traipsing around and never see it all.

We went on Friday morning, rode a trail Saturday while Amanda's mom kept the kids at camp, and came home Saturday. The rest of the group were going to pack in Saturday and stay a few more days. I really wish we could too but it is dangerous for kids.

Well, this is the week the kids are supposed to have some kind of final decision on their situation. They have a court date Thursday, and the judge will decide if they are going to go back home or not. I don't know how soon they would leave after Thursday if that is the decision, but I suppose it would be pretty soon. I really dread sending them off, but that is how it works, and what we trained for. They have been a blessing for us while they were here, and I hope they will remember us. I would think M. would be old enough to remember. Maybe the trip to ride the horses will be in her mind. I remember trips we took when I was 3-4 years old. I'll keep all updated as news breaks.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time. Praying about the court decision and for you guys if the kids will be leaving. As you said, this is what you were trained for, and you have been blessed and been a great blessing to these children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great trip. There is something about the New Mexico mountains that is so different from the Colorado mountains. Both beautiful but both entirely different feelings when you go to them. We will be praying for you this week. The kids are so sweet. I know it will be hard to let them go if that is the decision.

    ReplyDelete