Thursday, January 28, 2010

Cabin fever, ice, and getting stuck!

You wouldn't believe how nice the weather has been the past week. Other than some windy days, it has been warm and nice. Yesterday I was working on the big ole Steiger in my short sleeves! Today look:Typical, typical TX weather. I always get cabin fever when the weather is like this. Knowing I can't go out and do much makes it worse. I took a bale of hay out for the cattle this morning and nearly got stuck several times. We got about 1/4 inch of ice first last night that coated everything, then sleet, then snow. So under the snow it is really slick. It looks like you guys in Dallas maybe in the bull's eye after we are done. We are lucky, apparently there are a lot of people without power this morning, including my Mom and Dad. Our electricity has blinked all morning but is still on. When I went up to check on the cattle I saw a power pole that was about broke off. I don't want to call the power co. this morning because I am sure they are deluged with calls. I will call them maybe tomorrow if the weather is a little better.

I guess everybody knows by now about the adoption news. I'm glad we went ahead and postponed the hearing till Monday. Safe thing to do.

I haven't been blogging much (obviously) since my 2 or 3 blog readers are pretty well updated with our news otherwise. Maybe I will take some pictures of my hydraulic valve block repair job I am doing on the tractor. Oughta impress everybody to pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the pictures of the weather. I was wondering how it was over there. They say maybe just snow for us and we will miss the ice but we'll see. At least that's the last I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Yep, that is TX weather for you. EXTREMES! We had a bit of snow here and was icy this morn. Sounds much worse there. I think we are going to warm back up quickly. Prayers continue for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like all the moisture will be moved on before the cold temps get here, so we will miss out on anything dangerous, though the Dallas area received anywhere from 2-5 inches of rain since last night! They said if that could have been a couple feet of snow if we had been cold enough!

    Does this mean you will be blogging more again now?? The blogging world has missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete