Thursday, February 18, 2010

Chores I don't like doing

Since things are a little slow right now, I have to make myself do jobs around I have been putting off. When I am busy it is so easy to say, "oh, I'll do that later when I have time." Things like cleaning out outbuildings, picking up trash and junk around the place, and picking up rocks. Up on one place I farm there was an old barn or something in one corner years ago. Now there is just old scraps of metal and lots of big chunks of concrete. I have been going by and looking at those rocks all winter thinking I needed to gather them up. Today I did, and you know what?, it probably didn't take an hour.

I have been going around and around in my mind, trying to decide if I want to keep trucking. I haven't hauled diddly the past 6 m0nths, and I'm not sure what the next year will bring. I kinda need to decide pretty quick because my insurance and registration is coming due the end of the month, and it is expensive. I don't want to pay it if I decide later it just isn't going to be profitable. I asked Amanda's dad what he thought it would be like this year, and he said he thought it was still going to be pretty slow and cheap for a while. Right now I feel like I will probably go ahead and 'sign up' for another year and see how it develops. My insurance quote was a little cheaper than I was expecting so maybe I won't have to do much hauling to come out on top. Worst case scenario would be to pay the insurance and registration then have the truck seriously break down on me.

2 comments:

  1. Lot's of chores like that around my house too. The inside of our microwave has been awful for a few weeks. I finally made myself clean it yesterday and I bet it took all of 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to have a back up in terms of income. Do understand your dilemma though. Boy does it still look muddy out there.

    ReplyDelete