Monday, March 15, 2010

Our herd

I did get some calves bought Saturday at Muleshoe. I only bought 28 heifers. I was wanting at least 40, but that is how it goes sometimes. I brought them to the house today, and it is a yucky day. Cold drizzly, rainy. I have them coralled in the goat pen for now training them to a hot fence. I will try to turn them out on the wheat in the morning.If you would permit a short visual explanation why I seem to have gone cattle crazy this winter here is why. The first chart is what wheat prices have done the past few months, wheat has lost more than $1 a bushel or about 20%, and cattle have gone up roughly 15%. Coulda, shoulda, woulda made a killing if I had bought my own last fall when they were cheaper, but hey, if I was that good at guessing the market I would be a millionaire.


1 comment:

  1. hindsight is 20/20. Who knows what is ahead. Could be a windfall yet.

    ReplyDelete