Thursday, April 28, 2011

I've somehow managed to build a website.

I have put together a simple website for our church. It isn't much, but it does have a little about us and what we have going on. Believe me it took hours and hours to figure it out, and I still don't know how to do some things.

We are going to try a Saturday children's program this summer. The first one is May 7th. I also set up a church directory that is secured with a username and password. The members have the password, but I doubt they ever go to look at it. You have to think about the average age of our congregation. Check it out and let me know how to improve it.


5 comments:

  1. I am very impressed with this website! Did you start from a template somewhere or did you write all the html from scratch? This is a great idea for your church. Nowadays if you aren't on the web you don't exist. No one looks at the phone book anymore.
    From my very limited experience in website design from the couple of classes I took, I would say my only suggestion is to keep the text color consistent from page to page. Some pages are black text and some white text. If you keep it consistent it will look more professional and also be less confusing to the viewers. At least that is what they told us in class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you. That is the kind of advice I am looking for.

    It was a basic template. The hardest part was putting in the secure page for the directory. Spent a couple days off and on figuring that out. And some time with tech support, whew, they probably thought I was quite a dufus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing about making a website. I think you did a great job. As Holly says, not too many look in a phone book these days. This is the age of the computer. Hope you get some good responses to the Sat. program. You and Amanda sure have worked at getting other types of activities going. Keep it up and don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man that is great...way to be so proactive!!!! I'm really impressed with the idea of the Saturday program. They might start off slow, but as people find out about a free Saturday activity they will become more and more popular.

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to check out your website! Good luck with the Saturday stuff. I know the people who come will really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete