Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I love doughnuts......and I love my neighbors.


For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. and you shall receive doughnuts" Gal. 5:14 (I'm sure Paul meant to put that in there and forgot)

It is easy when you have neighbors like mine! We have been meaning to go over to one of our closer neighbors and show off Fenton. So this afternoon I called and asked if we could pop in for a few minutes.

A.H. (Mennonite) Said: "Oh that would be great, I was just thinking of calling you. The kids are getting all ready to fry up doughnuts, you can stay and have some!"

Me. "Uhhhhh, (slobber).......doooouuughnuts......me come. I mean...that sounds great, be over in a few."

Anyway we went over and they had a house full of grandkids and our kids immediately disappeared downstairs and started playing while we visited. They were just getting started on a batch of doughnuts from a recipe that was to make 12 dozen! And besides that they were mixing up another batch to make another 12 dozen! doooooouughnuts........... I don't know how many people were going to be over to share, or if they were taking some to a function, but it looked like Krispy Kreme.

We had to get back to the house before any were done unfortunately, but A.H. said "Oh I'll bring some up to the house afterwhile."

Of course Fenton was a little angel and never fussed, and never spit up, smiled and watched everybody the whole time we were there. Ain't life great?

( don't know why my text is highlighted????)


2 comments:

  1. I definitely drooled just looking at the picture of those donuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I want some neighbors like that. That is one huge number of doughnuts. They could start their own donut business. :)

    ReplyDelete