Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Good bye, and a few pictures.


Good bye.  It was funny Dawson caught a glimpse of this truck and tractor later that day down at Sweetwater.  I haven't heard anything from the buyer so I hope this is the end of the story.


 Just a picture of Mikali.  Ain't she purty?

Just a couple pictures of Stinker.  And a video of course:


And for a while now I have been sending a weekly email newsletter to some in our congregation that gives updates on events and the prayer list.  I also have been writing up some commentary to go with it.  This is this weeks writeup:


I am a tool guy.  I like tools.  I like good tools.  When I was a kid about this time of year we would get our Sears Wishbook for Christmas.  Us kids would page through it looking at all the great toys we hoped we could get.  As I got older I did the same with Sears Craftsman Tool Catalog.  Ok, sounds a little silly but really I would look through it and maybe order a few tools from time to time.  I have always been thankful my Granddad Clark has a shop full of tools we use to fix our old farm equipment.  We have a lot of special engine repair tools and heavy duty tools for tillage equipment.  There are a lot of special tools that have a unique purpose, and we could not do a lot of repairs without them.

Sunday morning Bill has been dealing with unity in class.  Ephesians Ch. 4 As members of the church we each have unique talents and purposes.  These are God given abilities we have at our disposal to bring glory to God.  It is a good thing we are so diverse in our abilities and tastes.   Our unity is unity of purpose, faith, love, hope, baptism.  (One body, one spirit.....one Lord, one faith, one baptism. v.4-5)  We all want to be members of the one Body working towards the same goals.  Sharing the same message.

If I were to go in the shop to fix something I would be quite disappointed to find only screwdrivers in the tool chest.  I wouldn't be able to fix anything.  If we were all teachers, or song leaders, we would never accomplish our goal of spreading the gospel.  Can you imagine going to worship where the same song was sung every Sunday at the same time?  Because that was the only one anybody knew or liked.  Or nobody had the talent to teach?

I recently overhauled the engine in one of my tractors.  It took screwdrivers, end wrenches, torque wrenches, even a special "ring compressor" tool.  I remember I was having a difficult time with a bolt that was hard to reach.  It took me several different tries with different tools to accomplish my goal of reaching that bolt.  

To reach and teach those outside, we need all kinds of talents at our disposal.  Squelching or running down other's attempts at developing these talents is working against God.  (Do not quench the Spirit1 Thess 5:19) We should encourage and help develop these talents in each other.  This is why it is so important we spend time together.

Romans 12:4 Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. 7 If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach; 8 if it is encouraging, let him encourage; if it is contributing to the needs of others, let him give generously; if it is leadership, let him govern diligently; if it is showing mercy, let him do it cheerfully. NIV


3 comments:

  1. Number one, that is so cool that Dawson saw your tractor being hauled. Number 2, YES! Makali is very pretty! Number 3, Fenton is a toot! Cute cute. How did he get that nasty cut on his head? hmmmmm..... Number 4, isn't it amazing how kids can get into the smallest places. Number 5, glad Daniel got a little piece of the action in this blog. Number 5, your analogy of tools and how the body of Christ work together is great! Good BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fenton inherited my very thin, easy-peeling skin. Just ask Rachel about how much of my life I have spent wearing band-aids. If you notice close in the still picture he has a scrape that is vertical, in the video he has a horizontal scrape. About the time he gets one healed up he will get another. I think walking early he falls forward more and his head just breaks his fall every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW I am so sorry. What a bum deal. Guess that is just one of those things. I do remember you having some tender skin. Not fun I am sure. Can't wait to see you guys. He is such a cutie. Love your WHOLE family!

    ReplyDelete