Monday, February 25, 2013

The Doughnut Tradition

2 Thess. 2:15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught,

When I was growing up, and the weather looked like this:


You made doughnuts.  I don't know why my mom started that tradition, but since it is in the Bible, I feel obligated to teach it to my children also.  So here is what Amanda and the kids whipped up this afternoon.




As you can see the kids were not disappointed.  We did this last time we had a significant snowed in day a couple years ago.  And I have always loved these pictures of the kids a couple years ago.  







4 comments:

  1. One thing for sure, donut day doesn't come around very often. Maybe that's a good thing? Sure look super yummy! I like your scriptural tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are doing the right thing by carrying on this very important snow day requirement! Looks like ya'll had quite a nasty day....glad you got some moisture but wish so much of it wasn't blowing around :(

    ReplyDelete