Saturday, March 16, 2013

"Tough enough to skate on"



That used to be the slogan of Varathane wood finish.  I thought it was kinda neat slogan with the Miss Varathane gal on top of the can.  I could only find one picture on the internet:

Nowadays the cans are boring, since they were bought out by RustOleum company.  Nothing is said about it's suitability for skating......I don't know if the product is still made the same or not, but we sure need something at least tough enough to skate on.  Now if their slogan was "tough enough for toddler abuse" I would be very impressed.  The thought just occurred to me....I better not mention anything about skating and kitchen table to Fenton....he may want to test out this theory.

I made our kitchen table right before we got married 6 years ago, and the polyurethane was worn through in spots.  I  know I did not use Varathane, and I only used 2 coats which was not enough anyway.  I think I used Minwax brand poly coating.  So I thought while we were gone would be a good time to con my Grandpa into refinishing it for us.  He has been needing some projects to stay busy, so I started him off with a fresh coat, then took off to Dallas with orders for 2-3 more coats.  He put 3 more coats on while we were gone.  THANKS Papaw!  Looks great.


The day before we left, and when we got back we had to eat at the kiddie table........ q:-(  Until I could pick up the grown-ups table.


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Looks like it will last you for a long time yet.

    ReplyDelete