Monday, April 29, 2013

My Mobile App

Everything is a mobile version or app today.  So I am going to call this "The Busted Knuckle Mobile Garage App"

It is always a pain farming out of two pickups, and even with a pickup, I can't carry all my tools and service equipment in the back all the time.  I just don't have enough toolbox space.  So for a while now I have been watching for a "service bed" like you see on utility company pickups, and such.  I found this little jewel on Craigslist, and it was a huge bargain for what it was.  The guy already had it set up like a trailer, just like I had in mind.

It is made out of fiberglass and the doors seal up tight and lock.  Hopefully no more dirt covering my tools like in my old toolbox on my pickup.  Now the fun of packing my tools in there all organized.  It has been lots of fun!  Yes, I have fun organizing my tools.  Sad, I know, but when I need to fix something I can lay my hand on what I need in an instant.

I mounted my welder on the front.  I plan to get a bbq grill tarp to cover it up.  Pretty much every tool I have is now in there, or will be in there.  Hope nobody steals it!  I think as long as I keep it hitched up to my pickup, or in the barn with the doors closed it should be pretty safe.











1 comment:

  1. This is great! I wish Brian could get and KEEP his tools organized. Lots of grief experienced in not being able to locate tools. I will NOT share what his tools look like. hahaha

    ReplyDelete